Since the onslaught of the pandemic in 2020 many consumers have been looking for alternative ways to remain in optimal health. Dietary supplements have been flying off the shelves and sales of products that support the immune system have skyrocketed. One popular trend (which has been around since the 1950’s) in the naturopathic world is Intravenous or IV Therapy.
IV Therapy involves administering vitamins and nutrients directly into a person’s bloodstream. A large wave of IV Therapy Centers have cropped up across the globe, which offer an alternative way to stay “nutritionally hydrated.” IV Therapy, also known as IV Infusion Therapy, is now one of the most sought-after services at Natural Treatment Clinics, Wellness Spas and other health clinics. This type of therapy is now being used for a variety of conditions to:
- Boost the immune system
- Assist Weight loss
- Support anti-aging treatments
- Fight fatigue
- Support Workout Recovery and Performance
- Help Longevity
- Cure hangovers
- Fight jet lag1
IV Therapy has been gaining massive popularity across the world. In the United States and Puerto Rico alone there are over 3,600 infusion centers. IV Therapy can be an efficient and safe way of bypassing the somewhat slower nutrient delivery process of the digestive tract and delivering a customized blend of nutrients directly into the bloodstream.
One IV Therapy Center, named “The DRIP BAR”, targets cellular health by infusing the body with diverse vitamin and nutrient-packed IV fluids. Receiving essential vitamins through this method allows for a higher absorption rate which may increase cellular health2.
Medicinal Uses for IV Therapy
The nutritional value received through IV Therapy is also used to treat an array of medical conditions including:
- Chronic Pain
- Respiratory Infections
- Mental Health3
A Little History About IV Therapy
- In 1954, a forward-thinking physician, Dr. John Myers, concluded that due to the way that our digestion and detoxification systems in our body function, only a fraction of the vitamins and nutrients we gain from our food reaches our bloodstream. This is where the well-known “Myers’ Cocktail” originated, which is a potent mixture of vitamins and nutrients injected directly into the bloodstream. Today hundreds of thousands of Myers’ Cocktails are administered each year by Naturopathic Clinicians. The ingredients of the Myers’ Cocktail were usually based around the patient’s needs but mainly consisted of:
- Vitamin C
- B-Complex Vitamins including Vitamin B 12 and other B Vitamins
Used as a supplement for conventional medications, Myers’ Cocktails have helped those who suffer from fibromyalgia gain relief from pain as well as many other conditions including upper respiratory tract infections, chronic sinusitis and cardiovascular disease. IV Therapy supplies relief for patients when conventional medication alone may not always suffice4.
IV Therapy To Boost Immunity
Seeking out new and improved ways to boost our body’s immune system is currently a very common thread among humanity. A pack of “Emergen-C” is not cutting it anymore for a consumer looking to boost their immune system. Today,
Vitamin C IV Therapy
is a popular choice for those looking to boost their immune system. Vitamin C is an essential nutrient which plays an important role in our body in the following ways:
- Produces collagen which aids in the healing of wounds
- Helps with protection of our cells
- Aids in iron absorption
- Boosts Immune System Functioning
- Provides strong antioxidant properties
Another line of IV Therapy which may help increase your body’s immune system is
B-Complex IV Therapy
. A major reason why B-complex vitamins have been shown to help the body’s immune system is that they aid in circulating antibodies to antigens. This equates to a quickened response time if the body shows signs of an infection. B-Complex is common among many lines of IV Therapy due to its multitude of benefits.
IV Therapy Safety
These IV treatments can be very helpful and in some cases life-saving, but it is important to be knowledgeable about what kind of IV treatment is right for your body composition as well as seeking out the proper center to receive IV Therapy.
It is important to note that there are risks involved in taking anything into your body intravenously. Making sure these IV drips are being administered in a clean environment, and that proper sterile medical equipment is used and performed by licensed professionals is paramount.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- IV Therapy and Nutrient Injections, https://www.rootcausemedicalclinics.com/vitamin-injections-and-nutritional-ivs/.
- What is Infusion Therapy and When It Is It Needed?, https://www.healthline.com/health/infusion-therapy.
- Intravenous nutrient therapy: the “Myers’ cocktail”, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12410623/.